The Alternative is based on six core values that characterise our internal and external working processes as well as specific political proposals.
The six core values are:
- Courage. Courage to look problems in the eye. But also courage about the future we share.
- Generosity. Everything which can be shared will be shared with anyone interested.
- Transparency. Everybody should be able to look over our shoulders. Both on good and on bad days.
- Humility. To the task. To those on whose shoulders we stand. And to those who will follow us.
- Humour. Without humour there can be no creativity. Without creativity there can be no good ideas. Without good ideas there can be no creative power. Without creative power there can be no results.
- Empathy. Putting yourself in other people’s shoes. Looking at the world from that point of view. And creating win-win solutions for everyone.
The values are not just there to be brought out on special occasions. The six core values must be constant indicators that are visible in our daily political work – in the way we think, speak and act. From debate, to political initiatives and to the way we campaign.